Đề thi thử THPT QG môn Anh lần 1 của trường THPT Thoại Ngọc Hầu năm 2017 đã được cập nhật chi tiết tại đây. Đề thi có cấu trúc gồm 50 câu trắc nghiệm với đầy đủ các dạng bài tập sẽ giúp các em học sinh lớp 12 ôn tập kiến thức tốt nhất.
THOAI NGOC HAU HIGH SCHOOL
THE FIRST TRIAL TEST INTO UNIVERSITY
School year: 2016 – 2017
Time allotted: 60 minutes
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
1. The wooden fence surrounded the factory is beginning to fall down because of the A B C D
2. A turtle differs fromother reptiles in that its body is encased in a protective shell of their A B C D
3. It is a good idea to be careful in buying or purchasing magazines from salespersons who may A B C D
come to your door.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
4. No one has seen Linda since the day of the
A. Linda has not been seen since the day of the
B.Linda is nowhere to be seen at the
C.The party is going on without
D.No one has seen Linda for
5. He talked about nothing except the
A. He talked about everything including
B.His sole topic of conversation was the
C.He had nothing to say about the
D.He said he had no interest in the
6. He doesn’t study hard, so he can fail the
A. If he studies hard, he won’t fail the
B.If ha didn’t study hard, he wouldn’t fail the
C.If he studied hard, he wouldn’t fail the
D.If he hadn’t studied hard, he wouldn’t have failed the
Read the following pasage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks from 7 to 11.
When you first apply for a job, you (7)………….not succeed in getting it. It’s always a good (8)……………..to ask them to explain to you what prevent you from beating the other candidates. Don’t complain about the situation, but ask them to advise you (9)……………….whta you can do better next time. Perhaps the interviewer disapproved of or disagree with something you said. Perhaps they just glanced at your application and saw something that made it easy to choose between you and another candidate. Don’t regard it as a failure, but recognize it as a chance to learn more. (10) ……………….you don’t worry too much about it and continue to believe in yourself, you’ll eventually find the chance you’ve been waiting for. Then, your family and friends will be able to (11)…………..you on your success.
|10.||A. As far as||B.By far||C.So far||D.As long as|
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitablr response to complete each of the following exchanges.
12. Mrs Mai: “ ……………………” -> Brown: “ Thank you. We are proud of him.”
A. Your kid is
B.Can we ask your child to take a photo?
C.Your child is just adirable.
D.I can give your kid a lift to school.
13. Ken and Laura are saying goodbye to each other after going to LOTTE And they are going to have a date with each other later.
Laura: “ Well, it’s getting late. May be we could get together sometime.” Ken: “………………………”
A. Nice to see back
B.Take it easy.
C.Sounds good. I’ll give you a call.
D.Yes, I’ve enjoyed it.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning ti the underlined word(s) in each off the following questions.
14. The use of lasers in surgery has become relatively commonplace in recent A.absolutely
15. From an airplane, the grasslands of the western prairie appear almost as uniform as a placid
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning ti the underlined word(s) in each off the following questions.
16. The most important thing is to keep yourself occupied.
17. in most countries, compulsory military service does not apply to
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 18 to 25.
The three phases of human memory are the sensory memory, the short-term memory, and the long-term memory. This devision of the memory into phases is based on the length of time of the memory.
Sensory memory is instantaneous memory. It is an image or memory that enters your mind only for a short period of time; it comes and goes in under a second. The memory will not last longer than that unless the information enters the short-term memory.
Information can be held in the short-term memory for about twenty seconds or as long as you are actively using it. If you repeat a fact to yourself, that fact will stay in your short-term memory as long as
you keeprepeating it. Once you stop repeating it, either it is forgotten or it moves into long term memory.
Long-term memory is the huge memory tank that can hold ideas and images for years and years. Information can be added to your long-term memory when you actively try to put it there through memorization or when an idea or image enters your mind on its own.
18. The best title for this pasage would be……………………
A. The difference between sensory and short-term
B.How long it takes to memorize.
C.The stages of human
19. The three phases of memory discussed in the pasage are differentiated according to……………
A. The location in the brain
B.The period of time it takes to remember something
C.How the senses are involved in the
D.How long the memory
20. The expression “ is based on” in the first paragraph could be best replaced by…………….
A. Is on the top of
B.is at the foot of
21. According to the passage, which type of memory is the shortest?
A. Sensory memory
22. According to the passage, when will information stay in your short-term memory?
A. For as long as twenty minutes
B.As long as it is being used.
C.After you have repeated it many times.
D.When it has moved into long-term memory.
23. All of the following are TRUE about long – term memory EXCEPT that…………………
A. it has a very large capacity.
B.it can hold
C.it is possible to put information into it through
D.memorization is the only way that information can get
24. the expression “on its own” in the last sentence can be best replaced by “……………………..”
A. by itself
B.in it own time
C.with its possessions
D.in only one way
25. It can be inferred from the passage that if a person remembers a piece of information for two days, this is probably………………….
A. three phases of memeory
B.the sensory memory
C.the short-term memory
D.the long-term memory
Mark the letter A, B, C , or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions
26. Not only……………….the exam but she also got a
A. dis she pass
C.she has passed
D.has she passed
27. he was the first person…………….the
C.to be enter
29. ortunately, the company closed down because it couldn’t keep…………….with rapidly changing
30. The climate of China is similar in many ways to…………………
A. that of the United States
B.which of the United States
C.the United States
D.this of the United States
31. Western women are more………………than Asian
32. The twins look so much alike that no one can……………them…………….
A. take/ apart
33. The teacher always………….that the students make an outline before writing a complete
34. I have no patience with What I told Bill was a secret. He………………it to you.
A. mustn’t read
B.shouldn’t have repeated
C.mustn’t have repeated
35. ………………..he was kidnapped by the Iraqui guerrillas yesterday has been
36. Air pollution poses a………………..to both human health and our
37. The people who……………the survey said that they had examined over 1,000
38. The teacher had some exercise…………….at home yesterday so that he can correct them
A. be done
B.to be done
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions
Telecommuting is some form of computer communication between employees’ homes and offices. For employees whose job involve sitting at a terminal or word processor entering data or typing reports, the location of the computer is of no consequence. If the machine can communicate over telephone lines, when the work is completed, employees can dial the office computer and transmit the material to their employers. A recent survey in USA Today estimates that there are approximately 8,7 million telecommuters. But although the numbers are rising annually, the trend does not appear to be as significant as predicted when Business Week published “The Portable Executive” as its cover story a few years ago. Why hasn’t telecommuting become more popular?
Clearly, change simply takes time. But in addition, there has been active resistance on the part of many managers. These executives claim that supervising the telecommuters in a large work force scattered across the country would be too difficult, or, at least, systems for managing them are not yet developed, thereby complicating the manager’s responsibilities.
It is also true that employees who are given the option of telecommuting are reluctant to accept the opportunity. Most people feel that they need regular interaction with a group, and many are concerned that they will not have the same consideration for advancement if they are not more visible in the office setting. Some people feel that even when a space in their homes is set aside as a work area, they never really get away from the office.
38: With which of the following topics is the passage primarily concerned?
A. An overview of
B.The failure of
C.The advantages of
D.A definition of
39: How many Americans are involved in telecommuting?
A. More than predicted in Business
B.More than 8 million.
C.Fewer than last
D.Fewer than estimated in USA
40: The phrase “of no consequence” means .
A. of no use
C.of no good D. unimportant
41: The author mentions all of the following as concerns of telecommuting, EXCEPT .
A. the opportunities for
B.the different system of
C.the lack of interaction with a
D.The work place is in the
42: The word “them” in the second paragraph refers to .
43: The reason why telecommuting has not become popular is that the employees A. need regular interaction with their
B.are worried about the promotion if they are not seen at the
C.feel that a work area in their home is away from the
D.are ignorant of
44: The word “reluctant” in the third paragraph can best be replaced by .
A. opposite B. willing C. hesitant
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
45. A. economics
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions.
47. The man wanted to get some fresh air in the He opened the window
A. The man wanted to get some fresh air in the room because he opened the window
B.The man opened the window in order to get some fresh air in the room
C.The man got some fresh air in the room, even though he opened the window
D.Having opened the window, the room could get some fresh air
48. The plan may be It will never work in practice.
A. Ingenious as it may be, the plan will never work in practice
B.Ingenious as may the plan, it will never work in practice
C.The plan may be too ingenious to work in practice
D.The plan is as impractical as it is
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
49. A. thanked
50. A. chemical